Creamy Tofu and Green Pea Dip
- 12 ounces silken tofu, drained
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh green peas
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro OR Italian parsley
- 1 scallion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of salt- optional
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- Refrigerate in a covered glass container for at least one hour.
- Serve as a veggie dip or top off grilled fish.
Grilled Swordfish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Ingredients for pineapple salsa:
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 finely chopped serrano peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1 finely chopped habanero pepper, stemmed and seeded
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt, to taste
Ingredients for tacos:
- 1 lb of fresh swordfish (1/4 lb per person)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 dozen corn tortillas (3 per person)
- Shredded cabbage
- Cider vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, red pepper, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, and lime juice. Stir until well combined. Season with salt, to taste, set aside. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Sprinkle cabbage with vinegar (about a tablespoon) and salt. Refrigerate.
- Heat grill pan till smoking hot. Brush olive oil on the pan. Salt and pepper the fish and sear both sides for approximately 4-5 minutes total.
- Heat tortillas 3 at a time. Rinse with water, wrap them in a clean dishtowel, and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Remove promptly and assemble 3 tacos by stacking all ingredients on the tortillas.
Yield: 4 servings